English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

“Would-be robbery victim in Auburn shoots masked bandit”

Breanne Zuziak

“Would-be robbery victim in Auburn shoots masked bandit” Empty “Would-be robbery victim in Auburn shoots masked bandit”

Post  Breanne Zuziak Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Would-be robbery victim in Auburn shoots masked bandit
    You would like to think that living in a small town of only 2,033 people (according to the census taken in 2007) that you don’t have to worry about much. With such a small town you expect to see low murder rates, theft rates, auto theft rates and burglary rates. One of the few burglaries that take place in Auburn, Michigan was experienced Wednesday night the 21st of January. Although this matter can be taken very seriously I also find it very funny. Serious because some people could of gotten a lot more hurt then they really were. Funny because like my aunt always said, “What goes around comes around.” These people had such bad karma that they got bit in the butt with it that night. Two cousins from Standish decided to rob the Evergreen Insurance Agency in Auburn, but these fools ended up being fooled. They took in with them two airsoft pistol guns, while the owner Richard Creed, pulled out a handgun and shot three bullets into the one man (Who sounds like will be just fine). The other man got away and hid in a parked car in Auburn for 4 hours. Once the police got there they used a German shepherd to track the guy down that was in his car. This goes to show you can never be too safe. It makes me wonder about how safe we really are. Imagine if Creed wouldn’t have had a concealed weapon with him and the men trying to rob him actually had real guns?
    Chris Switala

“Would-be robbery victim in Auburn shoots masked bandit” Empty Re: “Would-be robbery victim in Auburn shoots masked bandit”

Post  Chris Switala Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:08 pm

Its pretty scary that we have to worry about that kind of thing at all times, even if you live in a nice small town. I like how you did something local.

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 6:18 pm