English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Boy shoots father's pregnant girlfriend

pamelanadzan

Boy shoots father's pregnant girlfriend Empty Boy shoots father's pregnant girlfriend

Post  pamelanadzan Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:03 am

In western Pennsylvania, Kenzie Marie Houk, who was eight months pregnant, was found by her 4-year-old daughter, shot to death in her bed on Friday. She was shot and killed at point-blank range by her live-in boyfriend’s son. Now, this 11-year old boy is facing adult charges because he shot his father’s girlfriend. And they don’t think that shooting this girl at point blank range with a 20-gauge shotgun was an accident. He was charged with one count of each homicide, including that of the unborn child. If convicted he could face life in prison. I really think that this whole situation is very sad and could have been avoided. I have seen many divorces and remarriages and the children are always the ones hurt the most. Do parents really take into consideration how the children will feel when a new spouse comes into the home? There a feelings of resentment and jealousy that never would be there if families would stay together. I believe that people are more and more finding out that the next relationship that they get into after a divorce only brings more heartache and trouble. Now, that little boy’s life is ruined, the girl’s family is devastated, and the dad has to live with the choices that he made that caused the whole thing. I believe this because I know several kids who are involved in the exact same situation and I see the same looks of resentfulness and anger when speaking of their father’s or mother’s new spouse.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/21/boy.homicide/index.html#cnnSTCText

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:11 pm