English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Steelers win Super Bowl 2009

reneeczekai

Steelers win Super Bowl 2009 Empty Steelers win Super Bowl 2009

Post  reneeczekai Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:53 pm

[url=Super Bowl 2009]http://www.wnem.com/party-headquarters/18621639/detail.html#-[/url]

The Pittsburgh Steelers have done it again. They won Super Bowl XLIII. It’s the sixth time the Steelers took home the trophy. At the end of the game the score was 27-23. The Steelers played the Arizona Cardinal in Tampa, Florida on February 2nd. Few expected much from this super bowl, but it ended up being one of the best ever. The game was close in the second half, Santonio Holmes, who caught the game-winning touchdown with 35 seconds left that gave the Pittsburgh Steelers a record-setting sixth Super Bowl victory pass and finished with 9 catches for 131 yards and a touchdown. James Harrison (Steelers) won the NFL Defensive Player of the Year. But he also made history; he went the distance on a 100-yard interception return to put the Steelers ahead. Ben Roethlisberger and wide receiver Hines Ward have overcome their injuries and are fit to play in the Super Bowl. Roethlisberger was hit in the kidney and Ward, the Super Bowl MVP in 2006, hurt his knee during the AFC championship game against the Baltimore Ravens two weeks ago. It was the most exciting game I have ever seen. Bruce Springsteen performed doing half time of the game. He promised a 12-minute party and more than delivered by charming the estimated 100 million television viewers.
    tylerhenige

Steelers win Super Bowl 2009 Empty Reply

Post  tylerhenige Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:33 am

I don’t know if anyone watched highlights of the Super Bowl, but I learned something very new when I watch the highlights on Sportscenter. The highlights I watched focused on one play. The interception right before halftime was the play. What I didn’t realized when watching the game live as well as most other views is that Fitzgerald should have caught Harrison before he scored. Rolle, a cornerback for the Arizona Cardinals was standing on the sideline, and when Fitzgerald was in pursuit of Harrison he collided with Rolle. This slowed Fitzgerald down and he would have probably caught Harrison on the 5-yard line. The clock could have expired, leaving Pittsburgh without that TD. They could have also got a field goal if the clock had not expired, but what a change in the game this play would have made!

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 5:09 am