English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

NO AFL IN 2009

ashleyoglesby

NO AFL IN 2009 Empty NO AFL IN 2009

Post  ashleyoglesby Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:20 pm

http://www.arenafootball.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=3633481&DB_OEM_ID=3500

The Arena Football leagues have canceled their 2009 season. I would like to say why, they are the best football players to me and I really wanted to see one of the Saginaw Stingers games. That was a lifelong dream for me. I want to go for my birthday. This league has been ongoing for 22 years and just to cancel the season really hurts me. They gave a really bad reason on why they had to cancel this season, “They need to reconsider their economic plan” That is what the off season is for, that is what the pre-season games are used for. As you can tell I a little upset about the problem. I understand that the times are bad right now, but why they have to do it in 2009, they should have done it in 2010 or maybe 2008. But I really hope the AFL can have a season in the 2010 year, because that is the best football games I ever saw. I hate to see that Saginaw Stingers only gets to play one season. I also hope that the players are fully rested to give us a great come back season. So with the AFL cancel there was a lot more people tuned into the NFL this year, because the arena football was cancel. There was not a big turnout for the Super bowl, but a great amount of people was very upset at the fact that the AFL was cancel and there was nothing on T.V., but to watch the Loins lose all their games. Evil or Very Mad affraid affraid affraid Crying or Very sad
    tylerhenige

NO AFL IN 2009 Empty Reply

Post  tylerhenige Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:31 pm

I can understand your feelings especially in the state we live in, and the NFL team that we have. It really isn’t worth watching the Lions, unless you enjoy watching them lose. I have never really gotten interested in the AFL but it seems like it should be an exciting competitive sport. Also, the AFL is not in the big spotlight so it isn’t corrupt and always trying to get into the news. But, maybe it needs to attract more news attention, because by the sounds of it, the league could use some help. Hopefully taking a year off will help the league attract more attention. Best of luck for the future of the league, by the sounds of it you enjoy it a lot.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:36 am