English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

Michael Vick

tylerhenige

Michael Vick Empty Michael Vick

Post  tylerhenige Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:14 am

Falcons seeking to trade rights to Michael Vick

The contractual rights to Michael Vick are trying to be traded. Trade while in prison? When reading this article all I could think about is who would take the risk? Michael Vick is still in prison and I am not sure when he gets out (it does not say in the article). The question is will he be allowed back into the National Football League. Why would another team take a risk on trading for a player who is in prison, and is questionable about getting back into the league? Is a team so desperate to bring in that much of a question? I will admit that Michael Vick was a very exciting football player to watch. He was the first quarterback that could take off on any play and run for 50 yards or more. But now that he has been in prison, Atlanta took another direction. They drafted Matt Ryan and he was the rookie of the year, and he will most likely be their franchise quarterback. So now Atlanta has a franchise quarterback, and when or if Vick returns they will have two very productive quarterbacks. That is why they are trying to trade Michael Vick. I can picture a few teams taking a chance on Vick, but I can also see teams questioning if he will get back into the league. Also, having a player who was in prison for dog fighting could turn fans away from a franchise, because they could believe it is wrong to support a person like that.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 12:29 am