English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

4 posters

Teen survives two crashes in one night

dianekerkau

Teen survives two crashes in one night Empty Teen survives two crashes in one night

Post  dianekerkau Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:33 am

Jordan Wells was home for a weekend reunion with friends when she was involved in a automobile accident with bestfriend, Ashely Younger. Both survived the auto accident, in fact, Ashely was able to call her mother on her cell phone to let her know she was in an accident. Jordan was driving, she lost control and they hit a tree. Police and an ambulance were there within minutes to help the two girls. They were hysterical and screaming for help. The decision was made to medevac the two to the hospital. Unfortunately, the weather was too bad due to the rain and dense fog for the pilot, and he knew upon lift-off that he was in trouble. He made the decision to try to turn around and go to another airport but hit some trees and crashed to the ground. Jordan was the only survivor of this crash. At the hospital, Ashely's mother awaited their arrival when finally they brought Jordan in and indicated she was the only survivor. Jordan suffered massive injuries and underwent 20+ surgeries and was heavily sedated for days. She had to eventually have her leg amputated after several measures of trying to save her leg and foot. The day she found out about the amputation was also the day she found out about Ashley not surviving the second crash. After being transferred to another hospital and two months post accident she was able to go home. She is surrounded by family and friends to help with her healing, both physically and emotionally. For some reason, it was not her time to go, but in the meantime she had lost a bestfriend. It makes you wonder why things happen the way that they do and what reason God has for things like this.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=6964920&page=1
    pamelanadzan

Teen survives two crashes in one night Empty Girl survives 2 accidents

Post  pamelanadzan Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:32 am

I’m glad there are other people that acknowledge God. I don’t think that God is the one that causes the evil. He may allow it, but there is an enemy that was trying his hardest to take that girl’s life, and he tries to mess with us too. When my daughter was born with all of her birth defects and I watched as her whole body blew up at one point, I know that what Satan meant for evil, God used for our good. Alex is now 13 years old and is healthy and I am a much stronger person because of it. There were many miracles in the years that we were in the hospital and it is all because of God and having a good attitude. Just look at all of the stories about people who had such great faith in God and made it through insurmountable obstacles. The story of Ashley Smith, who was held hostage, is one example. Another is the story of the little surfer girl that lost her leg in a shark attack and just bounced back. There are many other examples. Especially in difficult times like these we need to remember that with God we can overcome anything!
    tylerhenige

Teen survives two crashes in one night Empty Reply

Post  tylerhenige Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:36 pm

What a story. What a terrible story. Getting in two accidents in one night, and living through it, while your best friend doesn’t live through it. I feel sorry for the families of the dead victims and Jordan Wells. It must have been terrible to wake up for sedation to hear that you lost your leg, and your best friend. It is weird how things work out, with one person surviving all of the crashes while the rest die. I guess it all depends on when it is your time to go. That is my best way to think about it.
    michellewalker

Teen survives two crashes in one night Empty Crash survivor

Post  michellewalker Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:31 pm

I watched this story on the news the other night. I could only think how horrible for the girl. Jordan, only 18, wakes up after being "rescued" only to find that she again needs to be rescued. She said in the interview, "And I was just in a lot of pain and I was cold. And then I realized the helicopter had crashed. And I was all alone, not knowing if anyone was going to save me. I was definitely in pain, because I had bones sticking out everywhere." At that time, she didn't know that she was the only survivor. I do hope that there are counselors discussing these things with Jordan and her family because she is a prime candidate for depression and "survivor's guilt", especially with one of the victims being her best friend. It seems that the family is very supportive from what they show on television.

Good luck to her.

Sponsored content

Teen survives two crashes in one night Empty Re: Teen survives two crashes in one night

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:32 pm