English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Fortunate Teen Survives Two Crashes in One Day

Breanne Zuziak

Fortunate Teen Survives Two Crashes in One Day Empty Fortunate Teen Survives Two Crashes in One Day

Post  Breanne Zuziak Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Fortunate Teen Survives Two Crashes in One Day

Not many people can say that they have been in a car accident and a helicopter crash all in the same night and have lived through both experiences. Except for teenage girl, Jordan Wells from Maryland found herself in this situation. Last fall, Jordan came home from college for the weekend and went with her best friend, Ashley to a local carnival and then to the mall. They left the mall at around eleven at night to head home. Jordan was behind the wheel of her father’s car. It started pouring that night and the rain made the car swerve across the road and smash into a tree. Since the driving conditions were so horrid the paramedics decided to use a helicopter in order to send the girls to the emergency room. From liftoff the pilot had a weird feeling about the plane and it was raining much harder out then what the pilot had been told. When the helicopter reached the hospital, the rain made it impossible to land. The pilot then decided to try and turn the chopper around and head for southern Maryland, but then ended up crashing into a tree. Once the helicopter crash took place the article states, “Jordan’s face slammed into the side of the helicopter, and that’s the last she remembers—until she woke up with broken bones in her face, parts of her spine dislodged and her legs shattered.” Jordan ended up having an infection in her foot that eventually led to amputation of her leg. The day she found out she was losing her leg was the same day she found out the horrible news about losing her best friend Ashley. Since the accident, the article also states, “The preliminary findings of a National Transportation safety Board investigation suggest the helicopter never should have left the ground that night.” This is such a tragic story and so sad. I couldn’t even imagine being in two accidents in one night. Then to not only find out you were losing your leg but that even worse you lost your best friend. I give this girl props for being strong and courageous. I don’t even know what I’d do if I was in her place.
    WillyAnderson

Fortunate Teen Survives Two Crashes in One Day Empty Re: Fortunate Teen Survives Two Crashes in One Day

Post  WillyAnderson Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:35 pm

When reading about this story it’s horrible. I wouldn’t know what to do being in this situation. When knowing that I would still have a leg and not as many injuries if people would have maybe thought things through more. On the other hand they were trying to get her health care faster. I guess this is a story that makes you really believe that if it isn’t your time to go it’s not your time. If I had made it through two crashes it would give me more will power to fight to get better because it would be a testament that I’m supposed to be here. I would have to agree that she deserves props for being strong through a situation like this.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 2:49 pm