English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

oakland police officer pronounced brain dead after shooting

TerynSwan

oakland police officer pronounced brain dead after shooting Empty oakland police officer pronounced brain dead after shooting

Post  TerynSwan Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:51 pm

This article talks about how three police officers were shot and killed in a process of two different shootings that took place on the same day. Another police officer was shoot and pronounced brain dead at the hospital that he was transported to. Two of these police officers were shot when they pulled the man over for a routine stop. The two cops were on motorcycles, when they pulled him over. As they approached the vehicle they were shot immediately. Backup was called for the two men, and as the backup was on its way the man that shot them took off. He was found by the swat team after they were tipped off by an unidetified person. As the swat team got to him, the man shot two of the swat team officers, before being shot and killed himself. The officer that was pronounced brain dead, was one of the men that did the routine stop. This man had a history of violence and was in violation of his parole, because he was in possession of a concelled weapon. This article was unbeleivable to me, for this man to shot innocent men is just crazy. He had to of known the consequences of his actions. He was definitely risking his life the moment that he shot at those men. He should of known that once he had open fired on those officers, that the other cops would be told that he is dangerous and they should shoot to kill. His life was taken and my only question is, was shooting those officers instead of going to jail really worth losing your life over?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/22/california.officers/index.html
    dianekerkau

oakland police officer pronounced brain dead after shooting Empty Re: oakland police officer pronounced brain dead after shooting

Post  dianekerkau Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:09 pm

This was quite the horrible story. Police risk their life everyday and I am sure every stop they make it goes through their mind if possibly the person may have a weapon. I can't even imagine being in a car that happened to drive by while this was occurring. It is amazing no one else was killed or injured. This person knew once he shot the first cop that there was no going back and that he pretty much knew his fate and that would be to kill himself rather than face the criminal charges. That is a cowards way out. When he was pulled over he knew he was going back to jail and he chose to take people's lives over that. Yes now we have another "bad guy" off the streets but we also lost 6 people that lived to serve and protect. My heart goes out to the families and hope something more can be done to keep our police safe.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 4:34 am