English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Baseball Player Killed

tylerhenige

Baseball Player Killed Empty Baseball Player Killed

Post  tylerhenige Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:59 am

Angels community grieves over Adenhart

The baseball world was hit with a tragedy in the last couple of days. A young baseball player, Nick Adenhart, was killed in a car accident. He along with two of his friends were killed, and another is still in the hospital. In the article is says that the driver of the other vehicle involved was drinking and driving. Well, since then I have heard that the driver was seven times over the legal limit for driving. Also, I have learned that the driver had no license at the time. This was because it was taken away from another drinking and driving ticket. Apparently the driver didn’t learn his lesson the first time, and now three people are dead, and one more is injured, while the driver is fine. Now I definitely don’t think it is a good thing that he killed other people, but I hope that driver feels so guilty because he has to live with that the rest of his life. But that is not punishment enough for me. If he doesn’t somehow get life in prison then that’s pathetic. On SportsCenter, they reported that he could receive up to 55 years in prison. Why not life? He killed three people.
    The Lost Angeles Angels did a good job at recognizing, and respecting Nick in a ceremony before their next game. His teammates were crushed by the news, and could not believe it happened. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Adenhart family, to the Angels, and to all of his loved ones.
    dkerkau

Baseball Player Killed Empty Re: Baseball Player Killed

Post  dkerkau Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:09 am

This was very sad to hear on the news. My brother went to the Tigers' Opening Day game and he said that they honored him there to. This is such an unnecessary tragedy that occurs all the time. I would like to know where were the people the drunk driver was with and why was he allowed to leave and DRIVE. Secondly, if he already had a DUIL, why does he still have a license. I know a lot of people still drive even with a suspended licese, but there has to be something more that can be done. I know they used to put a device on an individual's car who had been convicted of DUIL and everytime they got behind the wheel of their car they had to blow into a tube like a breathalyzer before the car would start. They should enforce that a little more. I am sure once this drunk driver sobered up in jail, he had regret, but unfortunately that does not change the fact that 3 people are dead because of his stupid decisions. I guess I do not understand why people have to drink to get so trashed, wasted or whatever you want to call it beyond being able to walk and feel that they can get into a car and drive. I wish people would think before they start to drink how they are going to get home that night or at least be mature enough to know when to say when and always have a designated driver. My prayers goes out to all the families involved during this most difficult time in their life.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:47 am