English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Head injury from blunt impact killed actress, official confirms

dianekerkau

Head injury from blunt impact killed actress, official confirms Empty Head injury from blunt impact killed actress, official confirms

Post  dianekerkau Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:09 pm

The death was ruled as an accident, referring to Natasha Richardson, where she sustained a blunt impact to her head while skiing. Paramedics were called to help Natasha after she fell during a skiing lesson, but it was reported that they were turned away. Ski patrol paramedics checked her over and assisted her to the base of the hill in a rescue toboggan. They did not see any visible signs of injuries. She was advised to seek additional medical attention, which was declined per reports. Natasha was then assisted by her instructor up to her room and within an hour it was reported that she was not feeling well and an ambulance was called again. Paramedics found her conscious but not doing well. She was first transported to a local hospital then to Montreal and then transferred from there to a hospital in New York. Two days later she passed away. It is amazing that Ms. Richardson was able to originally walk away from falling and bumping her head on the ground to dying two days later from her injuries. It was noted that she complained of a headache following the accident. I don't know how many times I have bumped my head or my children have bumped their heads and you just really don't think nothing of it if no signs of concussions are visible. It makes you think twice about suffering such an injury with headaches and wanting to go get it checked out. It may sound silly, but you just never know how significant or severe a "bump" can actually be.

Head injury from blunt impact killed actress, official confirms
    Breanne Zuziak

Head injury from blunt impact killed actress, official confirms Empty Re: Head injury from blunt impact killed actress, official confirms

Post  Breanne Zuziak Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:01 pm

That is a really sad story. She should have gone to the hospital right away after they brought her off of the slope and maybe they would have caught it sooner and been able to do something about it. Skiing is a fun sport but at the same time it can be very dangerous. When my father was skiing in Canada a lady cut him off and he fell and is binding didn’t release from his ski and he ended up shattering his knee. When it came time for the surgery the doctor accidentally cut a nerve in his leg and now he has to wear a leg brace for the rest of his life. They make helmets for skiing and if you’re not experienced people should really think about wearing them.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:30 pm