English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Death penalty sought in Fla. toddler's slaying

reneeczekai

Death penalty sought in Fla. toddler's slaying Empty Death penalty sought in Fla. toddler's slaying

Post  reneeczekai Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:15 pm

Florida prosecutors plan to seek to the death penalty against Casey Anthony, who is charged with murdering her young daughter whose remains were found in swampy woods months after she was reported missing. Anthony claimed that Caylee was kidnapped and has pleaded not guilty. Her trial has been tentatively set for October. Prosecutors filed papers of intent to seek to have Anthony executed if she is convicted of first-degree murder, said Danielle Tavernier, a spokeswoman for the State Attorney's Office in Orlando. Anthony's legal team already has lawyers who are qualified to defend death penalty cases and are prepared "for a vigorous defense," said Marti Mackenzie, a spokeswoman for Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez. Anthony was arrested last October, but prosecutors then didn't indicate they would seek the death penalty. She is accused of killing Caylee, who was 2 when she disappeared in June and whose remains were found in Orlando in December.

Death penalty sought in Fla. toddler's slaying
    TerynSwan

Death penalty sought in Fla. toddler's slaying Empty death penalty sought in florida toddlers slaying

Post  TerynSwan Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:36 pm

For a mother to say that her young daughter was kidnapped and she has no idea where she is, when she could have been the one to kill her is horrible. I think that in this case if the mother did kill her daughter that there has to be something seriously wrong with her. No sane person is just going to up and kill there daughter one day just because. In this case I think that the death penalty isn't a bad thing. Obviously if this woman could harm her own daughter I dont think any amount of jail/prison time is going to make this woman any better.
    michellewalker

Death penalty sought in Fla. toddler's slaying Empty Caylee

Post  michellewalker Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:27 pm

I don't know how any mother could hurt her child or any child. It is a scary thought. I am glad that they are seeking the death penalty for this woman. She has shown no care at all in the case until she was accused of the crime. She was seen partying right after her daughter went missing. That is just not normal behavior for a woman with a missing child.

Sponsored content

Death penalty sought in Fla. toddler's slaying Empty Re: Death penalty sought in Fla. toddler's slaying

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:36 am