English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

Bodies found in Mexico

Sethobrien

Bodies found in Mexico Empty Bodies found in Mexico

Post  Sethobrien Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:34 am

Mexico is seems to be a nice place to go to for spring break right? That may have been how it was in the past, but now a days it seems as though it is not a safe place to go. Nine bodies were discovered in a desert south of Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. The bodies were thought of to have been left there by a drug cartel in Mexico. It seems as thought the drug cartels are becoming more powerful then the government in Mexico as the police chief of Chihuahua was forced to quit his job because the drug cartel threatened to kill one police officer everyday that he remained in office. I think that this is a horrible thing to have happen. It is really not a good sign when government does not have control over their citizens. The country will only suffer from this travesty, as the tourism rates will surly decrease. I don’t know about any of you, but I don’t think I would want myself or my family to go anywhere where the government has no control over the area gangs. I for one want to go somewhere where I know that I will be able to return safely. The article also states that the drug cartels are responsible for 400 death so far this year. This is only the third month of the year… This doesn’t’ seem like a very good statistic for the police who are supposed to be keeping the area safe and free of crime. I don’t know what the homicide rate in the US is per year, but I don’t think that there are that many that are gang related, but if there were I don’t think that I would want to know about it.

check it out
    pamelanadzan

Bodies found in Mexico Empty bodies found in Mexico

Post  pamelanadzan Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:15 pm

It sounds like they really are doing something about this problem by sending in troops to fight these drug cartels. They also need to find out where they are getting their weapons from in the U.S. and stop that. I have known that Mexico was not a safe place to go for many years. I went to Cancun for vacation in 1989 and I was told to stay with crowds, to not go anywhere alone, and that I was more likely to be kidnapped being a blonde. My husband and I went with another couple who had all of there money stolen out of their safe in the hotel room. Because we made reservations in the hotel restaurant, they knew right where we were and in one hour cleaned the safe out in the hour that it took us to eat. This was long after they had cleaned the rooms. I don’t think that I would feel safe returning there.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:47 am