English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

4 posters

The Hudson River Crash

ashleyoglesby

The Hudson River Crash Empty The Hudson River Crash

Post  ashleyoglesby Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:25 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/jan/15/us-airways-plane-crash-new-york-hudson-river

The amazing plane crash on the Hudson River, that land almost perfectly on the river. Everyone in the plane was saved by a great pilot. The quick thinking of the pilot for has the plane to be able to float before hitting the river. If I was in that pilots chair I think that I would have panic at the time. It’s amazing that a person saves about 178 people’s lives, and only some people were injured. I give it to the pilot; I think that he is a hero in my eyes. Also those people are getting at least $1000.00 for the lost of personal items. I wish that was me, I am just playing. There was a talk in one of my social communications activities, the person said that: “What if one of the passengers, decides to sue the pilot for the cause of injuries, pain and suffering?” I would have told that person that this man just saved your life. And you are trying to sue him for a few bumps and bruises. I would also say that that you family could be burying you right now. So think about what you are trying to sue the pilot again. That is what I would have told that person if they were going to the pilot. Since that question as came up I would like to ask the world what would they have said to that person if someone tried to sue the pilot because they were in juried in the plane crash.
    Sethobrien

The Hudson River Crash Empty response to HRC

Post  Sethobrien Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:04 am

I heard about this crash, the day it happened. They were interviewing the people on the plane, and they said the pilot didn't want to be interviewed. Something about humility. He did a good job with landing the plane the way he did, they said most times that a pilot tries to land in the water in breaks into three pieces killing everyone. The real question is was it skill or was it luck?
    reneeczekai

The Hudson River Crash Empty Re: The Hudson River Crash

Post  reneeczekai Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:28 pm

I was actually watching TV when the breaking news came on. I was stocked because nowadays planes hardly crash. When I was watching this I was wondering if everyone on the plane were okay. Than I heard one of the new reporters say that they had 150 some people on the plane and they all survived. It was pretty awesome of the pilot made a quick choice and landed the plane in the Hudson River. That’s pretty cool that all the passengers got $1000 for all their personal belongings. If someone tired to sue the pilot because they were injured in the crash I would say would you rather have not made it nor are you just lucky to be alive. I don’t think it would be ridiculous if someone done that.
    dianekerkau

The Hudson River Crash Empty Hudson River Plane Crash

Post  dianekerkau Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:10 am

I didn't hear about the crash right away but I did see a television interview of the Pilot and his wife. I think it is a combination of skill, quick thinking, God and luck that saved everyone on that plane that day. The fact that the Piolot has combat training from being in the military probably played a key role in controlling the plane and how he was able to land it. Just think if one of the wings would have hit the water first, it would have sent the plane into a barrel role along with destroying most or all of the plane entirely. I am sure everyone on that plane feels lucky to have had him as their pilot along with their family members. I truely would hope that no one on that plane would have the gall to sue the pilot or airline for any injuries they may have sustained because the outcome could have been totally different. He is a hero.

Sponsored content

The Hudson River Crash Empty Re: The Hudson River Crash

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 6:19 pm