English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

2 posters

FAA: Children among 17 dead to Montana plane crash

Breanne Zuziak

FAA: Children among 17 dead to Montana plane crash Empty FAA: Children among 17 dead to Montana plane crash

Post  Breanne Zuziak Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:20 pm

FAA: Children among 17 dead in Montana plane crash

In Butte, Montana a small plane that was possibly carrying children on a ski trip crashed Sunday as it was approaching the airport. The flight killed 17 people, including several children. A witness said the single engine turboprop plane nosedived into a cemetery. The plane was attempting to land but instead the aircraft crashed and burned. What I find very suspicious is that the pilot changed the flight plan. The airplane was leaving from Oroville, California and was suppose to originally fly into Bozeman, which is about 85 miles southeast of Butte. Instead the pilot canceled and headed for Butte instead. The type of plane being flown was a Pilatus PC-12 aircraft that was manufactured in 2001. As the article continued it stated, “The plane was registered to Eagle Cap Leasing Inc. in Enterprise, Ore., Fergus said. He didn't know who was operating the plane.” Fergus, Mike is a spokesman for the Federal Aviation Administration. I also find this to be very suspicious since he did not even know who the pilot was. There definitely needs to be some investigating going on. I think the question who was operating the plane and why the flight plan got switched needs to be figured out. It seems there are a lot of plane crashes lately and it is getting more and more scary.
    WillyAnderson

FAA: Children among 17 dead to Montana plane crash Empty Re: FAA: Children among 17 dead to Montana plane crash

Post  WillyAnderson Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:50 am

I agree there has been a lot of plane crashes lately. Maybe there needs to be more regulations on who is a pilot or something to cut down on all of these crashes and deaths. I think that this story also seems fishy, especially if they don’t know who the pilot was and they are just questioning it now that there was a plane crash, it should have been noticed much sooner! It is a very unfortunate situation that these children and people lost their lives with something that could have been prevented. I hope that they can get to the bottom of this and give the families of those people some peace of mind!

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:42 am