English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

4 posters

Buffalo Plane Crash

WillyAnderson

Buffalo Plane Crash Empty Buffalo Plane Crash

Post  WillyAnderson Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:33 pm

Near Buffalo New York a 74 seater commuter plane had crashed. Now that investigators have dug into this story and have gotten evidence that the pilot had violated company policy and had been flying the plane on autopilot during icy conditions. The company had strict rules on this subject because they felt that when weather conditions where icy that the autopilot wouldn’t be able to tell if there was problems with flying until it might be too late. Investigators believe that this is the reason this plan had difficulties, and had crashed. There weren’t any survivors and they have found the remains of 15 there were a total of 49 who had died. The articles said that from information from the data recorder that the plane had been tossed around from one angle to the other and then had rolled to the left at 46 degrees snapping back to the right at 195 degrees. They also said that it showed that plane had fallen from 1,800 feet above sea level which is about 1,000 feet in five seconds.
    I personally can’t even imagine what they people on the flight where thinking or feeling. I think that I would be in a panic mode. I wouldn’t know what to think or do and would have my family and friends running through my m mind although I’m sure things had probably went from one point to the next so fast they might not of been able to react much. I just feel really bad for the families dealing with their lost loved ones. Especially if this could have been prevented.
    http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090215/Plane.Into.Home/
    dianekerkau

Buffalo Plane Crash Empty Re: Buffalo Plane Crash

Post  dianekerkau Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:34 pm

This was sad to hear especially after the week's prior heroic pilot that saved a plane full of people. There are so many speculations of what went wrong that day and blaming the pilot for his violation of using autopilot. My heart goes out to those families that now have to bear the identifying their loved ones and the sadness they must feel. I think that if there is freezing rain occuring that all flights should be cancelled. I know this would hinder alot of people, but I think they will see it differently as opposed to dying in a plane crash due to weather conditions.
    courtniesanmiguel

Post  courtniesanmiguel Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:11 pm

That is a really terrible that that happened. I actually heard about this on the news and through people that mentioned it at my work. I didn’t know the whole story, like about the pilot and all. I probably didn’t because what was being talked about was the fact that it was on Friday the thirteenth. It doesn’t say in your article but I still am not for sure if it really was on Friday. Even if it wasn’t that fact that people were joking about that many deaths is terrible and mean. I feel really bad for all those hurt and in loss from this accident.
    Breanne Zuziak

Post  Breanne Zuziak Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:24 pm

I also would not be able to imagine what the people on the flight were thinking or feeling. It is one of those things you don’t ever want to experience and hope you don’t know anyone that has to go through that. The sad thing is that it could happen to anyone. My step dad rode on a plane in New York like that later that day for work and I wouldn’t be able to even begin to grasp if he had been on that flight. It is too bad that this flight didn’t have the good luck like the other one did where the pilot was able to fly the plane into the river. God Bless the families of the one’s who lost their loved ones.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:12 pm