English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

4 posters

Father of 14 children jailed for owing back child support

dkerkau

Father of 14 children jailed for owing back child support Empty Father of 14 children jailed for owing back child support

Post  dkerkau Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:41 pm

Thomas Frazier is reported to have 14 children from 13 different woman and owes over $530,000 in back child support according to the Genesee County Friend of the Court. He may now hold the title in Genesee County as the "biggest deadbeat dad". Frazier has been given the choice to either pay the back support of about $28,000 or spend 90 days in jail. He has been dodging paying child support for years, but before leaving the Flint area in 2002 he had already fathered 14 children beginning in 1989. Frazier feels he has been made a victim and thinks only 3 of the children are really his. He also feels all this happened because of his "poor" upbringing making him seek affection from older woman and that he thinks that he fathered his first child at the age of 15. One mother states that not only does he owe $40,000 in back support to her but that he has never been involved in his daughter's life. He is claimed to be nothing but a womanizer and goes from state to state avoiding paying child support. Well this all came to an end when he was pulled over for a broken taillight on his mercedes benz and was found to have $5,000 and two airline tickets on him. Frazier says he is not employed and no one really knows what it is that he does for a living. He is noted to be a fast talker and has an excuse for everything. Not only will he spend 90 days in jail for the first case, but an additional 90 days and then 45 days for 6 more cases and according to authorities they will seek more prision time. By reading this story, I do not think that Frazier will be able to pay all his back support in order to get out of jail. He does seem to try to play victim and blame others for his behavior in unsafe sex and fathering all these children who now get now support either monetarily or emotionally from a "dad". He is able to make his own decisions regardless of what happened to him as a young adult or teen and no one can make you do anything you do not want to do. So pay up and grow up!!

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/04/thomas_frazier_father_of_14_ch.html
    HeatherClayton

Father of 14 children jailed for owing back child support Empty Re: Father of 14 children jailed for owing back child support

Post  HeatherClayton Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:28 am

Wow...$530,000 in child support. I don't think he will ever pay that off. He should have thought about the child support before having unsafe sex. It's ridiculous that he would do that with so many different women. Wouldn't he learn after the first or second? Some people just don't put two and two together. He should have at least tried to do something to help out these women instead of running for so long. It's good that he got caught because he'd probably end up with a few more kids later on. I think he deserves any punishment that is coming to him. He should have to work the rest of his life and pay back all of that money but we all know that their must be some type of laws against that. I hope he learns his lesson and starts to get his act together.
    reneeczekai

Father of 14 children jailed for owing back child support Empty Re: Father of 14 children jailed for owing back child support

Post  reneeczekai Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:09 pm

Wow! That's a lot of money. I couldn't even imagine have 3 kids let alone having 4 kids. Too many people get away without paying for child support and now it's catching up to him. He says that he only thinks 3 of them are his and he says that he doesn't even know the mothers to them, which are very doubtful. I think that he just doesn't want to pay for it and they said that he has been trying to get out of paying child support for years so why stop now. He deserves what is coming to him, he needs to take responsibility.
    michellewalker

Father of 14 children jailed for owing back child support Empty Not a stand up guy

Post  michellewalker Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Obviously this is not a stand up guy. And by the way, how can he afford to drive a mercedes benz if he has no income! Where did the $5,000 and the airline tickets come from! I mean holy moly! I work full time etc. and so forth...I can't afford a mercedes or airline tickets! Also, I think he needs to quite fast talking and take some responsibility!

Well, I think he is probably going to be taking a vacation in a very low star hotel for a while until these things get sorted out. I thin there are some paternity tests on the horizon for him.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:39 am