English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Father Pleads Guilty in Incest Case

Breanne Zuziak

Father Pleads Guilty in Incest Case Empty Father Pleads Guilty in Incest Case

Post  Breanne Zuziak Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:36 am

Father Pleads Guilty in Incest Case

On March 17th, 2008 in St. Poelten, Austria, a father pleaded guilty in an incest case. He was on trial for imprisoning his daughter for 24 years and fathering her seven children. He pleaded guilty to all the charges that were against him which included negligent homicide. Josef Fritzl supposedly had a change of heart, when he acknowledged his guilt on the third day that had drawn media attention. The article quoted, “”I declare myself guilty to the charges in the indictment,” Fritzl, 73, told a panel of judges, referring at one point to what he called “my sick behavior.”” Josef is to face up to life in prison on the negligent homicide count. The article states that prosecutors also had charged him with rape, incest, forced imprisonment and coercion. The negligent homicide charge was for the death of an infant twin who was born to Elisabeth (Josef’s daughter) in 1996. The prosecutors think the baby might have survived with the proper medical care had he and his mother not been locked in the basement. His daughter Elisabeth, who is now 42, was imprisoned in a dungeon that her father built for her beneath the family’s home in the town of Amstetten at the age of 18. It states that the DNA tests prove that Josef is the father of all six of Elisabeth’s children. Three of the children never got to see daylight until the crime was found a couple of months ago. The other three were brought upstairs and was raised by Josef and Rosemarie (his wife). Rosemarie thought that the three children were abandoned. This is just part of the article. When I read this story I was in shock. I would never be able to imagine all of these terrible things happening. Josef was only right about one thing and that was when he claimed himself to be a sick man. For me, he is far beyond a sick man, anyone who does that to their child should be punished more than just being put away behind bars. I think they should put him where his daughter had been living for 24 years of her life. If you find this at all interesting I suggest reading the article. It’ll leave you boggled and wondering how many sicko’s are out there like Josef Fritzl.
    pamelanadzan

Father Pleads Guilty in Incest Case Empty Incest

Post  pamelanadzan Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:02 am

This man really is sick. They really need to study this man to see what causes something like this. In my Interviewing and counseling class we are doing family genomes and you can always see a trend in parts of the family. Perhaps this same type of thing happened to this man. It is usually a hidden family secret and is good when they finally catch someone to stop it. I sure hope they get this young girl and her children some help because no doubt they have severe cognitive and developmental problems. I can’t imagine not seeing the sun or the outdoors for years. It must have been a horrible life for them all. As far as the man’s wife goes, I wonder if she ever noticed any similarities in the children to her husband. And wasn’t she in the least bit suspicious that her husband kept bringing babies home? I think I would have questioned that a little bit, though she may have been in fear.
    Sethobrien

Father Pleads Guilty in Incest Case Empty Re: Father Pleads Guilty in Incest Case

Post  Sethobrien Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:53 pm

Wow this guy is really sick. Seven kids all from his own daughter. I’m pretty sure a normal person would never want anything bad to happen to their child let alone be the one to cause all the pain. I wonder what is going to happen to all of their children. I’m sure that anyone that finds out that they are a product of incest that they will be made fun of and not find a life partner. It’s not their fault, but people are cruel. I hope that they are all at least healthy. I bet with him being 73 years old, he knows he will not be spending much time in prison. That is probably why he is willing to surrender and plead guilty. I hope he gets what he deserves though. He is a really sick man.

Sponsored content

Father Pleads Guilty in Incest Case Empty Re: Father Pleads Guilty in Incest Case

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:33 am