English 112 Hot Topics

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English 112 Hot Topics

This forum is designed to analytically discuss the issues/events affecting us in today's society.

3 posters

Woman brutally attacked by 200-pound chimp

dianekerkau

Woman brutally attacked by 200-pound chimp Empty Woman brutally attacked by 200-pound chimp

Post  dianekerkau Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:07 pm

Charla Nash was the woman who was viciously attacked by her best friend's pet chimpanzee on Monday. Apparently the chimp was suffering from lyme disease and was out of sorts and was given Xanax by his owner when he for some reason attacked Ms. Nash. The owner frantically called 911 stating that the chimp was killing her friend and needed help. Apparently, the owner stabbed the chimp several times and the police had to shoot him to stop the rampage. Unfortunately, the chimp staggered back to his room in the house where he died. Meanwhile, Ms. Nash underwent emergency surgery to her badly battered face and mangled hands. The injuries she sustained involved losing both of her eyes, nose and part of her jaw along with massive injuries to her hands. She remains in critical condition but her vital signs are stable and she is slowly improving. It took four teams of surgeons, which included doctors who specialized in plastic surgery, oral maxillofacial surgery, ophthalmology, trauma, hand surgery and anesthesia and approximately 7-8 hours worth of surgery to save her life. It is a true miracle that Ms. Nash was able to survive such an attack by a 200 pound chimp. The owner had the chimp for 14 years since her husband passed away and it is a shame that it had to come to such an end.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1028-Pet-News-Examiner~y2009m2d19-Woman-suffered-massive-injuries-to-face-hands-in-pet-chimp-attack-transferred-to-Cleveland-Clinic
    WillyAnderson

Woman brutally attacked by 200-pound chimp Empty Wow!

Post  WillyAnderson Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:25 am

Reading this I just couldn’t believe how badly that chimp had beaten Carla Nash! I’m sure if this was her friend she had been around the chimp before and had to be somewhat comfortable around it. Just thinking about sitting there and then all of the sudden having this chimp beating the day lights out of me or a friend, that would be just excruciating. I wonder if the owner was told to give the chimp xanax or if she did it on her own, and it made the chimp suffer symptoms that where opposite of what xanax does for humans? Well I just pray that Carla Nash makes it through and is able to get through this situation alright.
    erikajunge

Woman brutally attacked by 200-pound chimp Empty Re: Woman brutally attacked by 200-pound chimp

Post  erikajunge Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:00 pm

Wow! This article was pretty intense! I actually had seen a television show about how quick monkeys/apes/chimpanzees, anything in that family can turn against their owners in minutes. It's really sad though how badly beaten that women was. She lost her eyes and everything! I wonder if she'll end up sueing her friend? Even though it wasn't her friends fault..this women is now paralyzed for life. Nothing can take that back. I feel really bad for her.. that's terrible. Plus she will have uncountable amount of doctor bills to pay. I'm sure thousands of dollars worth. This just shows how people really should'nt be allowed to have certain animals as pets. There wild for a reason, and when such an animal has the capability of doing so much harm to a person, more safety and precaution issues need to be in order.

Sponsored content

Woman brutally attacked by 200-pound chimp Empty Re: Woman brutally attacked by 200-pound chimp

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:04 am